Wednesday 22 July 2009

Reflections on British Life...


We've been here for three months. I can't believe how quickly it's gone by. So after being here a couple months I've learned a few things about being British.
  1. Always carry an umbrella. Even if it's a fine day.
  2. Learning that when someone asks, 'Are you alright?' It's not because they think something is amiss-- which is how I took it at first-- but they're asking, essentially, 'How are you?'
  3. Any time is a good time for a cup of tea.
  4. Oh, and I'm always corrected when I call Worcester a 'town'-- it is a 'city' because it has a cathedral.

Sure, we miss home. But instead of making us homesick, it makes us more determined to enjoy and explore what's around us.

We talked about all of this as we were walking along our new "Greenlake"-- which is Kleve Walk & Diglis Parade along the River Severn.




1 comment:

  1. I just found this site! It's rad! Thanks for the updates, and the beautiful pictures. You two are missed!

    ReplyDelete