Thursday 11 June 2009

Adventure.


This is the story of how our small family, Jess and Jerremy, packed up our bite-sized condo in downtown Seattle and moved to England. In January 2009 we started talking about what an adventure it would be to move abroad and travel about for a few years before we settled down to have a family. On April 22, 2009 we flew out SeaTac International Airport bound for Heathrow on a redeye, with four checked bags, our computer, and two carry-ons each. This was the extent of our move. (Plus four small boxes we sent over ahead of us.)



We lived in Brighton for a month in various hotels; most notably, the Grand (with the most amazing breakfasts!) and MyHotel (a trendy boutique hotel in the NorthLaines). I've never been more bored in my life. Jerr was busy acclimating to a new challenging job, I was trying to find something to occupy my time. The weeks before we left were mayhem. Each day was full of work, packing up what we wanted to take and what we would store, getting visas, renewing my passport, and making time for family and friends. Plus, I had the worst cold I've had in years for the two weeks before we left-- absolutely miserable. Suddenly, I find myself with hours upon hours of time, while I sort out transfering my RN license with the NMC. I will admit that I made the bed at the hotel just for something to do!



We live in Worcester now, located in the heart of the Midlands, well known for its namesake sauce, Elgar (a composer), and pottery. More will come on Worcester.... but for now we are getting settled into our little home on the canal where we've lived for three weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the world of blogging. You write so well. Can't wait to read more and see pictures.

    ReplyDelete