Thursday 22 April 2010

God Save the Queen!

April 21st was the Queen's birthday so to celebrate I made coconut cupcakes (thank you Ina Garten for a delicious recipe).  Also, it was my turn to bring goodies to community group.  I did try asking around to find out what the Queen has on her birthday, but no one knew.  Coincidentally, it's been one year since we moved to the UK and I thought what better way to celebrate our year anniversary than with cupcakes?   So the Queen had cupcakes. I fully intended to add blueberries for a red, white, and blue theme, but they were four quid (over $6) for a little tub and I couldn't be bothered.  In getting the other ingredients I found that Tesco's (equivalent to Safeway) does not have flaky coconut. (Or molasses, macaroni and cheese, Lucky Charm cereal, and lime flavored tortilla chips-- more's the pity.)  But, despite these circumstances, the cakes turned out quite nicely.  We now have an abundance of cream cheese frosting which I think is exceptionally dangerous, because what isn't cream cheese frosting good on?   A great way to start another year living in the UK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment